The government has allocated Primary Sports Funding to all primary schools with the aim of improving the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision, increasing participation in PE and sport so that all children develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of. We use the funding to improve the quality of teaching in PE and to promote healthy lifestyle choices that will contribute to pupils' well being. Our current PE and sports premium allocation for this year is around £17500.
How Do we spend our Sports Premium?
- We employ local sports coaches and third-party companies to offer a broad range of extra-curricular opportunities. E.g. fencing, multi-skills and boxing.
- We ensure all equipment is maintained to facilitate our broad and balanced curriculum.
- We invest in the Complete P.E. planning scheme to ensure P.E. is taught sequentially and to give staff a base of know to build upon.
- We have invested in our outdoor provision so that our children are active throughout the school day.
What is the impact of our Sports Premium?
- We have been awarded the Gold School Games Kitemark for two consecutive years
- The number of children participating in extra-curricular sporting activities is continuing to increase,
- We have attended and won a number of tournaments; we are particularly proud of our swimming achievements!
- Due to increased physical activity, we have noticed that our children have improved focus and are more alert during afternoon lessons.