The New Geography Curriculum 2014
At St. Thomas’ we value Geography because it allows all children the opportunity to explore the inter-relationships between the Earth and its peoples through the study of place, the environment and our spiritual development.
- 1. Be developed through quality teaching and learning
- 2. Develop thinking, questioning and interpreting skills.
- 3. Provide children with the geographical knowledge and skills to understand the world in which they live today.
- 4. Give children a knowledge of their immediate locality, the UK and that of the wider world.
- 5. Improve greater opportunity for learning through creativity, fieldwork and research.
- 6. Follow the principle aims of the New National Curriculum.