How does the school teach children with SEN and provide for their needs?
Our provision includes:
· Quality First inclusive teaching approaches with appropriate, targeted differentiation in place, according to pupil need.
· Proven interventions that have been identified to achieve specific targets.
· Additional focused support from a teaching assistant in class. This should be purposeful, with the ultimate aim to develop the pupil’s independence and maximise pupils contact with his/her class teacher.
· Resources to ensure access to the curriculum or the child’s environment, including adaptation of the learning environment.
Some of the interventions that we have found to be effective in helping children to make accelerated progress are the following:
· Read, Write, Inc. Phonics One to One
· Success at Arithmetic
· Precision Teaching
· Speed Up! Handwriting
· Additional Group Phonics
· IDL Spelling Program