How does the school support children with SEN when they join our school, leave our school, or move to another class?
If your child is joining us from another school:
· The SENCO will visit pre-schools with the Foundation Stage Leader when appropriate.
· Your child will be able to visit our school and stay for a taster session, if this is appropriate.
When moving to another school (in-year):
· We will communicate with the school SENCO and share information about your child, and provisions that have helped them to achieve their learning goals.
· We will ensure that all records are passed on as soon as possible.
When moving classes in school:
· An information sharing meeting will take place with the new teacher, including sharing of the child’s Support Plan and current targets and provision.
· Children will have opportunities to visit the new class/teacher.
When moving from Year 6 to 7:
· The SENCO will meet with the SENCO of the secondary school to discuss the specific needs of your child and the nature and level of support which has had the most impact.
· All pupils will visit their secondary school on transition day, and in some cases staff will come to our school to visit the children in addition to this.
· In some cases, additional multi-agency meetings may be arranged to create a more detailed transition plan.