As a school we are committed to providing all children with learning opportunities to engage in Design Technology. Every class has the opportunity to work with a DT specialist, Mrs O'Donnell over the school year.
Design Technology offers opportunities for children to:
· Develop their repertoire of skills and knowledge in order to design and make products.
· Develop the social skills necessary to work as a member of a team.
· Refine and review their work.
· Develop a sense of enjoyment and pride in their ability to make.
· Nurture creativity and innovation through designing and making;
· Communicate ideas and information through a variety of media.
· Develop the ability to identify safety hazards and risks and take appropriate action.
· Value own work through display.