Year 2 Class Movie
Parents Assessment Meeting Information
Meet the Teacher Powerpoint
Welcome back to our final half term in Year 2!
We hope everybody has enjoyed a lovely half term holiday and is rested and excited about coming back to school. We will be very busy this term & will have lots of fun too. Every Tuesday afternoon we will go for swimming lessons and I know the children are excited about this. We have a trip booked to St Thomas' church so we can continue learning about special places. We also have our residential to Tyn-Y-Nant Christian Centre to look forward to. How exciting it all will be!
On Thursdays we will continue to learn Science with Miss Cushion and we will be thinking about 'Plants' and what they need to grow healthily. In RE we will be thinking about peace and what symbolism there is to represent peace. We will be finding out more about our local area in Geography and will consider why it is a lovely place to live.
Please look at our curriculum map below to find out more about the other exciting things we have planned during this term.
If anyone has any questions or wants to speak with us we are available from 8.30am or after school most days, please do pop in and see us.
We are very lucky this term because Miss Cushion will continue to teach in Year 2 every week too.
- Please bring in your reading pack every day and try to read a little at home every day.
- Spelling challenges will take place every Friday morning.
- Please practise the 2x,5x,10x and 3x multiplication tables as we will complete our Superhero Times Tables challenges every week.
- Homework will be given out each Monday and collected in by the following Monday. It can be brought back to school & placed in the Homework tray as soon as it's finished though.
- Please make sure you have your named PE kit in school with you every week and that swimming kit is sent in every Tuesday too.
School CCTV footage!
A mystery egg and nest appeared outside our classroom today. We think this tells us how it got there!