Welcome to Year 2!
Welcome back after our half term holiday. We hope everyone has had a lovely rest and enjoyed some time off. This term we will be very busy with our preparations for the Christmas production in which Year 2 will take the main parts. We will be holding auditions in our class very soon!
We are learning about the author Simon Bartram and reading his man on the moon books in English. We are also planning a themed book week which will be very exciting. In Maths we are focusing on Multiplication and will keep on with our Super Tables challenges so please keep practising at home.
Please look at our curriculum map below to find out more about the other exciting things we have planned during this part of the Autumn term.
If anyone has any questions or wants to speak with us we are available from 8.30am or after school most days, please do pop in and see us.
We are very lucky this term because Mrs Corness and Mrs O' Donnell will teach in Year 2 every week too.
- Please bring in your reading pack every day and try to read a little at home every day.
- Spelling challenges will take place every Friday morning.
- Please practise the 2x,5x,10x and 3x multiplication tables as we will complete our Superhero Times Tables challenges every week.
- Homework will be given out each Monday and collected in by the following Monday. It can be brought back to school & placed in the Homework tray as soon as it's finished though.
- Please make sure you have your named PE kit in school with you every week.