Welcome back to the start of our very exciting Summer term! We hope you've all enjoyed a fabulous Easter break.
This term in Topic we will be learning about heroes and in particular Florence Nightingale. We will be carrying on with looking at 'Living things and their habitats' in Science so will be spending lots of time outdoors. For RE we will think about the Church as a special place and will spend some time at St Thomas' church too.
Please look at our curriculum map below to find out more about the other exciting things we have planned.
If anyone has any questions or wants to speak with us we are available after school most days, please make an appointment via the school office. If you wish to pass on a message in the morning time then please send a note in or speak to Mrs Eadie or Mrs Stevens in the office. They will make sure we are made aware. Mornings are very busy times and we need to settle the children and start learning as soon as possible. We appreciate your support with this.
We are very lucky this term because Mrs Corness will continue to teach in Year 2 each Wednesday afternoon and Mrs O'Donnell will teach us on a Thursday afternoon too.
- Please bring in your reading pack every day and try to read a little at home every day.
- Spelling challenges will take place every Friday morning.
- Please practise the 2x,5x,10x and 3x multiplication tables as we will complete our Superhero Times Tables challenges every week.
- Homework will be given out each Monday and collected in by the following Monday. It can be brought back to school & placed in the Homework tray as soon as it's finished though.
- Please make sure you have your named PE kit in school with you every week. Our lessons this half term will be on a Monday afternoon.
Our dinosaur CCTV footage!
Bethlehem Bound Dancing 💃
We had such a great time today. We learnt movements to show the journey of the wise men. Everybody tried so hard and joined in beautifully. Well done year 2 😊
What fabulous soloists we have in Year 2!
Wonderful singing from Olivia & Dylan. You have beautiful voices, well done.