Online Safety is an integral part of children’s education in today’s digital world and is embedded in their learning at school. We are also keen to support parents/carers to improve their own understanding of online safety issues, so you can engage with your children regarding their use of the internet while at home.
If you would like any advice about E-safety please contact Mr Robinson.
The internet is a wonderful thing to have, however it's important to work with your child to ensure they stay safe.
Conversation starter ideas
- Ask your children to tell you about the sites they like to visit and what they enjoy doing online.
- Ask them about how they stay safe online. What tips do they have for you, and where did they learn them? What is OK and not OK to share?
- Ask them if they know where to go for help, where to find the safety advice, privacy settings and how to report or block on the services they use.
- Encourage them to help. Perhaps they can show you how to do something better online or they might have a friend who would benefit from their help and support.
- Think about how you use the internet as a family. What could you do to get more out of the internet together and further enjoy your lives online?